The skin is the first line of defence against exterior attack.
Toxins and dead skin cells accumulate on the skin’s surface, making it hard for the skin to breathe, causing skin problems such as seborrhoea (oily skin), acne, dull complexions, pigmentation problems and dilated pores.
Laser peeling can be used as part of your seasonal skincare regime, with 2-4 sessions per year; it can also be used in its own right as a gentle and effective treatment for acne, pigmentation marks, dull complexions and dehydrated skin.
The laser de-epithelizes (removes tissue from) the treated areas: the depth of penetration, and thus the amount of tissue removed can be adjusted. This promotes regeneration of the skin’s surface, which will appear more luminous and even.
A single laser peel gives the same, or even better results, in relation to the skin’s basic state, than a complete package of dermabrasion treatments or chemical peels.
One single laser peel session replaces 4-5 sessions of diamond point dermabrasion or chemical peels.
Principal treatable zones include the hands, the décolletage and the face, but all parts of the body can be treated.
All skin types, including acne prone, can be treated. A medical consultation is needed to determine whether very dark skins would most benefit from a laser or chemical peel.
Its principal uses are:
– To give a glowing complexion.
– To improve dull and tired skin.
– To improve the skin’s hydration and texture.
– To treat pigmentation marks.
– To treat oily and acne-prone skin.
– To target thick skin.
– To target seborrhea and blackheads.
– To treat sebaceous microcysts ( white papules ).
– Fine lines and wrinkles.
– Lines around the upper lip and eyelids.
On the day of the appointment, please do not wear make-up. The application of an anaesthetic cream is advisable, but is not essential.
After disinfecting the area to be treated, the treatment starts by sweeping the entire zone with the laser. Depending on the area targeted, the treatment lasts from 5-15 minutes.
This treatment is painless and comfortable and you will be able to feel a sensation of varying levels of heat.
You will feel a sensation of heat immediately after the treatment. The intensity of this sensation depends on each individual’s tolerance, and the parameters of the treatment, which can vary in strength. Redness will last 1-5 days and can be covered by make-up. It is possible that a very fine crust will form on the skin: this can also be covered by make-up and it will disappear in one or two days.
Contraindications are :
– Tanning is the contraindication par excellence, as you risk being burned by laser treatment. You must avoid exposure to the sun / using UV beds in the month prior to the laser treatment, or using self-tans in the week before the laser session.
You must tell your doctor if :
– You are taking medicines which cause light sensitivity.
– You are pregnant.
– You wear a pacemaker or cardiac defibrillator.
– You have any chronic illnesses.
BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES
RATES OF SERVICES*
|Type of consultation||Amount generally charged|