CO2 is naturally present in our bodies, and is thus non-toxic.
Carboxytherapy is the technique of injecting under the skin, thanks to a very fine needle, medically sterile carbonic gas/carbon dioxide.
CO2 has been used as a therapy since the 1930s.
As it is very soluble, this gas spreads very easily leading to an increase in blood flow through the surface tissues (due to the fact that it provokes capillary vasodilatation), and thus improving tissue oxygenation and nutrition.
These effects improve skin hydration and stimulate fibroblast production (skin cells) which in turn increases collagen and elastic fibre production. The end result is an improvement to the skin’s suppleness, elasticity and texture.
Completed studies have shown a greater skin thickness and improved microcirculation, better skin elasticity, appearance and tone, and lipo-classic activity with destruction of adipocyte membranes.
Uses are :
– Cellulite, thanks to the destruction of some adipocytes, and improved microcirculation.
– Stretch marks.
– Localised fatty tissue, on the body or face (double chin).
– Relâchement cutané (bras, visage, cou, décolleté, membres inferieurs).
– Improvement of the facial oval, thanks to the combined effect of destroying fatty tissues in the jowl, and carboxytherapy’s impact on sagging skin.
– Small lines, notably around the lower eyelid, the appearance of a lined and wrinkled neck, hands and décolletage.
– Dark circles.
Le traitement n’est pas douloureux au niveau du visage mais peut l’être au niveau du corps ; on a parfois quelques petites ecchymoses (bleus).
L’acte est douloureux et peu de gens supportent la séance. Personnellement je le propose uniquement pour les cernes et l’alopécie.
Un gonflement et une rougeur locale durent environ une dizaine de minutes.
On a cleansed and disinfected skin is inserted a thin needle that delivers the carbon dioxide that enters the dermis at varying depths.
Each injection lasts about twenty seconds, the injections are spaced every 10 cm.
Between 5 and 15 sessions are necessary, with a gap of one or two weeks.
The first visible results appear after the 4th session.
BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES
RATES OF SERVICES*
|Type of consultation||Amount generally charged|
|Carboxytherapy||from 60€ to 100€ each session.|